Need to talk to someone?
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255
- Prince George's County (Maryland) Crisis Center: 301-429-2185
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-799-7233; TTY: 800-787-3224; thehotline.org
- Online Crisis Chat - imalive.org
Click below to watch In Reach's Teens Talk TV episode on Teen Mental Health & Self Care.
Children's Mental Health Matters Awareness Week: May 7 - 13, 2023
~ Click below to Become a Champion, Download Resources, and Participate in Activities ~
Recorded pre-pandemic in February 2020, and available on demand, join Learning for Justice, formerly Teaching Tolerance, for a webinar about student mental health—and why it matters. The webinar focuses on challenges students face regarding mental health, including how those challenges can vary depending on their intersecting identities. Examples shared include what schools and districts were doing to address these challenges and the tools and strategies they used. Click on the photo to access.
Try this Mindful Moments Challenge!
Are you a teacher or work with children and youth in another capacity? Then this resource is for you. Download now.
Each year in May, In Reach recognizes Children's Mental Health Awareness Week by collaborating with the Prince George's County Work Group for Children's Mental Health and participating in the Children's Mental Health Matters Maryland Public Awareness Campaign, to raise local awareness about the importance of recognizing and addressing child mental health issues by supporting, sponsoring, and holding events throughout the county.
Chart the progress of the Work Group partners through the years.
- Download the Children's Mental Health Matters 2021 Wrap-Up Report.
- Download the Prince George's County 2020 Statewide Awareness Initiative Report.
- Download the Prince George's County 2018 Statewide Awareness Initiative Report.
- Download the Prince George's County 2017 Statewide Awareness Initiative Report.
- Download the Prince George's County 2016 Statewide Awareness Initiative Report.