Destination Ready K-8 Academy
In Reach's Destination Ready K-8 Academy, formerly a 21st Century Community Learning Center, prepares students in kindergarten through eighth grades to successfully reach Maryland's College and Career Readiness Standards. This includes:
- Providing students with individual support to reach and exceed shared standards of success
- Strengthening the literacy needs of students
- Exposing students to an array of rich art, cultural and historic local resources
- Engaging students in college and careers options activities
- Improving life skills
- Supporting parents
- Supporting the resource needs of schools and classrooms
- Providing support to the principal and school staff
During this academic year, In Reach is focusing its programming on community-based activities including:
Whole School Initiatives that provide early grades support, grade level adoption, and supporting school functions that promote literacy.
In Reach is committed to broadening STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) conversations to include the needs of minority and other under-served students in having access to STEM opportunities.The STEM Unplugged Teen Café promotes exploration, stewardship and inquiry into everything STEM. The monthly cafés engage students in interactive, hands-on activities that demonstrate an active participation in STEM learning opportunities, increased curiosity about STEM topics and concepts, and support the exploration of STEM professions.
In Reach is a member of the national Teen Science Café Network, TSCN, a community of practice providing the highest quality resources and support to organizations who implement a Teen Science Café.